College is so much fun and one of the most fun parts is decoration your dorm room. I remember when I was planning my move freshman year I kept checking my dorm room checklist and I had so many DIY dorm decor ideas that I wanted to make for my new space. It is generally a really small space that you will have so it is really important to make it feel cozy and not cramped. For me, it was the first time I ever had to share my room so I definitely wanted my side to be full of DIY dorm decor that I absolutely loved. Today I am sharing some of my favorites so that you might find some inspiration for your own cute dorm decor ideas.
- DIY Simplistic Photo Display– You will love this to keep the memories of home and summer with you all year long. It also folds up really small for easy packing.
- DIY Concrete Clock– Never be late to class with this DIY concrete clock as part of your DIY Dorm Decor!
- DIY Memo Board and Key Hook Combo– Getting locked out of your dorm room is the WORST! Avoid it all together by hanging your keys by the door on this cute thing.
- DIY Crate Seats– Storage and seating in one! Make the best use of your little space by making these DIY Crate Seats as DIY dorm decor with a fabric that matches your theme.
- DIY Cardboard Bulletin Board– You can literally make this DIY dorm decor idea with $0 and it is cute too!
- DIY Tire Chair– Here is another super cheap DIY that you can make for your dorm! All you will need is an old tire and some craft supplies to make the chair with built in storage.
- DIY Crate Bookcase– Dorm rooms never come with enough storage so you may want to DIY this bookcase!
- DIY Pallet Coffee Station- Coffee? Yes, please! This DIY coffee station made from an old pallet will get you through lots of all nighters.
- DIY Paper Flower Wall Art- Everyone has paper laying around? Make these paper flowers to cover your ugly dorm room walls.
- DIY Copper Pipe Desk Organizer– Keep your desk neat with this DIY organizer so that you can ace your exams!
- DIY Crash Mat- Perfect for your friend who comes to visit or your dorm neighbor who gets sexiled. No one wants to sleep on the floor.
- DIY Triangular Memo Board- A piece of scrap wood can be a modern memo board. Jazz it up with some patterned duck tape and it is a rocking piece of desk decor!
- DIY Washi Tape Monogram Art– Make your mark and personalized your side of the room with this fun DIY!
- DIY Removable Wallpaper- If it is ugly, just cover it in a cool pattern of the removable wallpaper. This tutorial makes it so easy.
- DIY Marble State Art- I never want to forget where I came from and if you don’t either then you will definitely want to make this art with your home state.
Now if you would rather BUY than DIY you will want to check out these Dorm Decor Ideas: