Spring is almost here. That means Easter isn’t far behind. I love spring for so many reasons and a big one is the fact that I can start making colorful creative spring crafts! I love getting out of my comfort zone to make something great. Which is what we did today. You’re going to love learning how we made this DIY Bunny Pillow. You definitely don’t have to be a master sewist to create it. We actually used a fun Easter file for this DIY that we got from our super fun membership site, Makers Gonna Learn. If you want to kick off spring by making a project that you can use for years to come, check out the full tutorial down below!
- Striped fabric
- Blue Fabric
- Cricut Maker
- Cricut FabricGrip Mat
- Cricut EasyPress
- Sewing Machine
- Fabric Glue
- Heat and Bond Sheets
1. Cut your striped fabric into two pieces however big you’d like your pillow to be.
2. Now load your mat with a 12″x12″ piece of blue fabric that you’ve attached heat and bond to. Cut out the bunny shape big enough to fit on your pillow.
3. While your Cricut is cutting the bunny, sew your pillow together leaving a hole in the bottom to be able to stuff it later.
4. Heat up your EasyPress. Once the bunny is cut remove the backing and bond it to the center of the pillow. Let it cool.
5. Now take your fabric glue and attach the pom-pom to the bunny for his tail.
6. Stuff your pillow until the desired fluffiness then head back to the sewing machine to sew up the hole.
7. Now you have an adorable bunny pillow to display on your couch or bed.
What a fun DIY! I love how we used the large pink pom-pom as the bunnies’ tail! It really adds some depth to the project! I told you that you didn’t have to be a sewing pro to make this. Anyone can with enough creativity and patience. I think this project turned out amazing. I love making seasonal holiday decor I know I can use time and time again.