Thank goodness Spring is here. I was getting worn out on winter crafts. I’m happy to report we’ve been cranking out lots of DIY Spring crafts this month. One of my favorite kind of projects to make is DIY home decor. You can never have enough decor. Today I’m going to show you how to make this DIY Ombre Spring Pillow. You will love the process and how it turns out. It’s kind of like tie dye in how no two are the same. I love dip dying and you will too! To take this craft project a step further we added this beautiful design and quote to the pillow. The design and quote are from Makers Gonna Learn. It’s a membership website for die cutting enthusiasts like you. they have over 200 cut files and more are added each month. You should go check it out. I hope you enjoy this fun tutorial.
- Large Pot
- Rit Dye
- Canvas Pillow Case
- Cricut Maker
- Weeding Tool Set
- Cricut EasyPress
- Cricut EasyPress Mat
- Black Glitter Iron-On
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”R2FLJ779″ upload-date=”2018-04-30T14:26:04.000Z” name=”Spring Is Here Pillow” description=”One of my favorite kind of projects to make is DIY home decor. You can never have enough decor. Today I’m going to show you how to make this DIY Ombre Spring Pillow. You will love the process and how it turns out. It’s kind of like tie dye in how no two are the same. I love dip dying and you will too!”]
- Boil a pot of water then pour in your Rit dye. Remember that the more you pour in the more vibrant your color will be.
- Stir the water and dye then put your gloves on and submerge your pillow case.
- Since were making ours ombre were going to pull it out of the water about 1/3 of the way after it’s all been submerged for a few seconds. Hold it there for 30 seconds, then pull it out another 1/3 of the way. Then let the color really get saturated on the bottom of your pillow case.
- Once you’re satisfied with the color pull it out and run it under cold water. Keep ringing it out until the water coming off of it is clear then toss it in the dryer.
- Once it’s dry preheat your EasyPress then measure, cut, and weed your design and quote.
- Lay the pillow case onto the EasyPress mat, align your design and quote, and heat the area for 30 seconds at a time.
- Once the pillow case has cooled remove the transfer sheet and stuff your pillow!