Have you ever noticed how boring photo frames are? I can’t find any that show my style and personality. Not to mention they’re also pretty pricey if you don’t want a plain black or white one. I wanted to make a DIY photo frame that would represent me. I was roaming around Michaels and found this great wooden frame and got inspired. This is a super simple project. It makes great home decor. You could also give this as a homemade gift. I’m so glad I made this DIY Painted Photo Frame. Keep reading to find out how to make your very own.
- Wooden Photo Frame
- Blue Spray Paint
- Black Chalky Finish Paint
- Paint Brushes
- Cricut Maker
- Weeding Tool Set
- Transfer Paper
- Size your “LOVE” and heart design to fit well on your frame then cut it with your die cutting machine.
- Once it’s been cut weed the access and apply a piece of transfer paper.
- Now take your frame and paint the bottom black, just where your design is going.
- Once it’s dry apply your design and remove the transfer paper.
- Take the frame outside and spray paint it.
- When it dries take a Cricut weeding tool and carefully peel up the letters and heart. You can use a small paintbrush and your black paint to clean up any imperfections where the spray paint seeped through the vinyl.
- Simply add a photo and display!
I really enjoyed making this project. It reflects me and looks great in my living room. Feel free to make it unique by spraying it your favorite color or adding your favorite word. No matter what it’s sure to turn out great.