Do you love glitter crafts? What If I told you I didn’t. Glitter is annoying, messy, and super hard to deal with. But it’s also beautiful, sparkly, and looks really good on any project. So my love-hate relationship with glitter strikes again on the blog today. I wanted to make a fun teen craft that anyone would like. There’s no denying that easy glitter crafts are fun to make, but the clean up is so messy. I hate using glitter, but the projects turn out so darn good. Take this DIY Striped Glitter Canvas for example. It’s a simple craft with minimal supplies but still looks amazing. Thanks to glitter. Keep reading to learn how to make your own!
- Painters Tape
- Spray Adhesive
- Polyurethane Spray (optional)
- Decide how you want to design your canvas. I kept it simple and make mine stripped. Tape off whatever areas you don’t want to get covered in glitter then take it outside.
- Spray the canvas with a nice coat of adhesive. Before it dries sprinkle glitter all over it. It’s better to have too much glitter than not enough here.
- After you’re finished adding the glitter find your tape and carefully remove it. Tap the canvas a few times to get off a bit of the access glitter, then let the canvas dry.
- Once it’s dried take your paintbrush and use it as a miniature broom to dust off any access glitter where you had it taped off.
- This is an optional step but if you spray your canvas down with polyurethane after it’s finished it greatly reduces the risk of glitter getting everywhere.
I hope you liked this glittery tutorial! I’m still finding glitter in places it doesn’t belong since making this DIY. Put this in your bedroom, office, kitchen. Any room that lacks some sparkle. This would also make a pretty good homemade inexpensive gift for a friend or family member!