Sometimes you just need to go back to the basics and make a simple craft. I get caught up in big projects that take hours and a ton of energy and sometimes I get mentally and physically exhausted. That doesn’t mean I’m going to stop crafting, it just means I need to make something simple and relaxing. Today I’m going to show you how I unwound and made this Fun and Simple DIY Glitter Vase. This is perfect to use as a planter or pencil holder. You could make a bunch of them and add flowers for centerpieces at a party as well. If you need a fun and simple DIY teen craft, this is it.
- Mason Jar
- Painters Tape
- Polyurethane Spray (optional)
- Tape off about half way up your mason jar.
- Brush on Decou-Page all around the bottom of the jar.
- Make sure your jar is over a trashcan or posterboard on a table.
- Have fun and pour glitter all over the wet Decou-Page, peel off the tape, and allow it to dry.
- As an added step you can spray the jar with polyurethane which will greatly reduce the chance of the glitter getting everywhere.
This is one of the best mindless simple crafts you can do. I love that it adds a little pop of color and personality to your space. Use any kind of glitter you want, even mix different colors if you’re feeling up to it! We kept it simple and filled ours with sand and succulents. I hope you enjoyed this fun tutorial.