I’ve got to be honest before I made this craft I had never heard of it. People call it Sandpaper Art and it’s actually pretty cool. What you do is draw something onto a sheet of sandpaper with crayons, avoiding letters, numbers or words. Then you lay it down on a shirt and heat it with an iron and the crayon melts off of the sandpaper and onto your shirt revealing your drawn design. How cool is that? I think it makes an awesome teen craft as well as kids craft. It’s an easy DIY craft to make and would be great for parties. If you want to learn more check out how we made our DIY Sandpaper Shirt.
- White T-Shirt
- Fine Grit Sandpaper Sheets
- Paper Towels
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”YH2DmYdZ” upload-date=”2018-04-30T14:11:49.000Z” name=”Sandpaper Tee Shirt” description=” I think it makes an awesome teen craft as well as kids craft. It’s an easy DIY craft to make and would be great for parties. If you want to learn more check out how we made our DIY Sandpaper Shirt.”]
- Go ahead and turn your iron on the hottest setting and let it be heating up. We used our Cricut EasyPress on the hottest setting.
- Now have your kids draw a design or pattern onto some sandpaper sheets, making sure they get a lot of color on the sandpaper. The more color there is the more wax will transfer to your shirt.
- Put a towel in the middle of your shirt. We used our Cricut Easypress Mat. Then lay your piece of sandpaper face down and add a piece of paper towel on top of it.
- Heat the area for 30 seconds then remove the paper towel and the piece of sandpaper revealing your design.
- To set your design place the piece of paper towel back on top of the design and heat the area again for 30 seconds.
- You can repeat this step like we did and use many different watermelon drawings or keep it simple and just add one.
Wasn’t that project so much more fun than you thought? They’re easy to make and perfect for kids. Who wouldn’t want to transfer a drawing your kid made onto a shirt? I hope you enjoyed learning how to make your own Watermelon Sandpaper Shirt.