I don’t know about you but I think notebooks are overpriced. I know they’re great for school, journaling, taking notes, doodling, you name it. No one wants an unattractive or boring notebook but the stylish ones are just not worth the price. There is one product I know of that can transform almost anything that’s boring into something way cooler. I’m talking about good ole’ washi tape! From laptop cases to wall art washi tape can make anything look better. Some people overlook it but I love a good washi tape craft. Today we’re making a fun Washi Tape Accent Notebook that’s perfect for those boring canvas notebooks you find at the dollar store.
- Four Assorted Colors/Patterns of Washi Tape
- White Cardstock
- 2″ Circle Hole Punch
- ATG Gun
- Cut your piece of cardstock in half, and start applying your washi tape in a pattern on the cardstock piece.
- Once you have your patterned piece of cardstock, take the hole punch and cut out several circles.
- You’ll see that no two look exactly alike. It looks best when you have some contrasting colors and patterns in the washi tape you chose.
- Lay the circles down onto your notebook where you’d like them to go before you adhere them. This is a great way to make sure you like the layout without damaging the notebook by pulling the tape up and rearranging them.
- Once you’re satisfied with the placement, tape the circles one by one and apply them down where you had them before.
I love how the washi tape gives style and pops of color to an otherwise boring notebook. It takes it a step further with the circles too. So many times in washi tape craft ideas you see people using the tape alone to revamp things. I love the twist of applying the tape to paper and cutting it out. I hope you enjoyed this fun craft!