If you or someone you know is expecting a baby girl, you’ve got to make this DIY. I love surprising my friends with gifts for their baby. Maybe sometimes you’d rather save some money and make a baby shower gift yourself. Maybe you want to create a one-of-a-kind piece that you know your expectant friend will love. Either way, this Cute DIY Baby Onesie is the perfect gift for anyone having a baby. Along with the cool way were dyeing this onesie were also adding a quote from Makers Gonna Learn. It’s the ultimate crafting membership website for die cutting lovers like you. They release 30+ cut files every month and have over 500 to use and enjoy when you join now! You’ll love the site and you’ll love learning how to make your very own DIY onesie!
- White Onesie
- Rit Dye
- Cricut Maker
- Black Glitter Iron-On
- Cricut EasyPress
- Cricut EasyPress Mat
- Weeding Tool Set
- Boil a large pot of water than remove it from the stove. Pour in your Rit dye, stir it around, then decide how you would like to dip the onesie.
- I decided to ombre ours, so I dipped all but the first few inches into the dye then slowly pulled more and more of the onesie out of the pot.
- Once you’re satisfied with the color, rinse the onesie under cold water until the water you squeeze from it runs clear. Toss it in the dryer.
- Right before your onesie is finished drying preheat your EasyPress and cut out your quote. Once it’s done being cut weed the quote and go get your onesie from the dryer!
- Lay the onesie on top of your Cricut EasyPress Mat and apply the heat for the recommended amount of time. Once you’re done simply peel off the transfer sheet to reveal your finished onesie!
I love the way this project turned out. You could easily use blue dye and a different quote if you needed one for a baby boy. This is a great DIY baby shower gift. I hope you can make this for someone you know.