I had a great idea to make a stylish back to school shirt for my friend. This cute design that we used id from a crafting membership website called Makers Gonna Learn. It’s made for die cutting lovers like you! There are hundreds of cut files for every occasion that you get access to when you become a member and more files are added every month! Be sure to go check it out. Today we utilized a file from their Back To School collection, and it turned out great. You can make this shirt for anyone you know that’s headed back to school! This would especially be perfect to make for a kid just starting kindergarten. How cute would it be if you also had them add their handprints to the back so the shirt is also a keepsake from their first ever day of school? So stinking cute! Check out how we made this Stylish First Day of School Tee!
- Cricut Maker
- Weeding Tool Set
- Cricut EasyPress
- Cricut Easypress Mat
- White Iron-On
- Yellow Iron-On
- Plain Tee Shirt
- Measure your shirt then size the file in Cricut Design Space. Once sized, let the Cricut do the hard work.
- I used white Iron-On for the quote and yellow Iron-On for the accents! While your Cricut is cutting is a good time to preheat your EasyPress.
- Once cut, weed your designs and then place the shirt onto your EasyPress mat.
- Position both sets of designs where you’d like them to go. Then remove one and heat.
- Peel off the transfer paper off your first design and lay your second design down. Reapply the transfer sheet over your first design to protect it from the heat.
- Once everything is adhered peel up both transfer sheets and enjoy your DIY BTS Shirt!
As far as back to school crafts go, I really enjoyed this one. You could make this for anyone starting a new school year. It would make a great homemade gift. If you’re looking for back to school craft ideas, this is the one for you!