Today I want to show you all how to make a super fun DIY Cactus Monogram perfect to add personality to any space. This teen craft is super simple to make. Of course, you should use your own monogram, but you can personalize it even more by adding your own favorite flower to the top. You could even paint it another color, but we love the classic cactus green. You will love the look of this project in your space. You could also make this as a gift for someone you know that loves cactuses. I hope you enjoy learning how to make this yourself.
- Paper Mache Letter
- Multi-Surface Paint
- White Yarn
- Paint Brush
- Plastic or Silk Flower
- Cricut Weeding Tool Set
- Hot Glue Gun
- Paint your letter with as many coats of paint as you’d like. Make sure you let the paint dry before adding another coat.
- Once dry, take your Cricut Piercing Tool and poke holes all in your letter where you want your yarn cactus spines to be.
- cut your white yarn into little pieces, no longer than an inch. Cut enough to fill all your holes.
- Using your Cricut Reverse Tweezers pick up a piece of string and push your tweezers into a hole you made in your letter. Open the tweezers and pull them out, and your string should be secure in your hole!
- Repeat that process until all of your holes are filled.
- Now, you can go in with your scissors and trim any pieces of string that are a bit long.
- Finally, hot glue your flower onto the top of your Cactus Monogram to finish it off!
This is the cutest DIY. I hope you love it as much as we do. I think it turned out so cute, and it was so easy to make.