In the past few months I have became a huge fan of American Eagle Outfitters. I am obsessed with all of their button ups, flex denim pants, and they always have great deals. I don’t know about you, but I for sure stocked up on a lot of clothing during Black Friday last year. Recently, they released a dip dyed hoodie for almost $50! I couldn’t imagine paying that much for a thin hoodie that is just dip dyed. I found this sweatshirt for $10 and we’re going to make our own version.
- Create a dye bath with hot water and add your Navy Blue Rit Dye. The darker you want the color, the more dye you add. Stir thoroughly.
- Wet your sweatshirt. You only have to wet the part you plan on dyeing. Make sure your material is dyeable.
- Now dip into your dye bath. Let sit for a few minutes.
- Rinse excess dye out of your sweatshirt using COLD water.
- Let sit for 4-6 hours before washing.
- Wash alone on a cold cycle.
Now you’ve created your very own DIY dip dyed sweatshirt for right at $10 dollars. Isn’t that awesome? You can even customize the DIY, by using different fabrics and dye colors. You can find a large variety of dye that would be perfect for you.