I love lace. It can add a classy touch to anything including your old clothing. I want to show you all a fun DIY that you can use for your old shirts that you may otherwise throw out. It’s always a good idea to see if you can revamp a piece of clothing rather than tossing it. Today I’ll be showing you how to make your very own DIY Lace Trim Shirt. It can be added to any shirt and you don’t have to be a master sewist to pull it off. I hope you all enjoy learning how to make your own!
- Sewing Machine
- Old Tee
- Lace Trim
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”LrpRBoII” upload-date=”2018-06-07T15:25:31.000Z” name=”Lace Trim T-Shirt” description=”Today I’ll be showing you how to make your very own DIY Lace Trim Shirt. It can be added to any shirt and you don’t have to be a master sewist to pull it off.”]
- Turn your shirt inside out. Head over to the sewing machine.
- Measure your piece of lace to make sure it won’t be too long or too short for your shirt.
- You’re going to sew the lace on top of the original seam at the bottom of your shirt. Go over it twice if you’d like.
- Trim off any access lace trim and turn your shirt right side out.
- There you have a wonderful and classy DIY Lace Trim Shirt!
How easy was that? I bet you’re going to want to do this to all of your older t-shirts! I love the new look it gives a tired shirt. You can even get creative and use colored lace trim or stay simple like we did. I just love how this project turned out. I hope you try to make it yourself soon. I hope I’ve inspired you to hold onto those old garments and offer them a second chance.