I’ve seen some pretty cool ideas using paint stir sticks before but this DIY lampshade is amazing! It’s the perfect afternoon project to add a unique feature to your space. I’m heading off to my local DIY store right now to get some paint stir sticks so I can make one of my own. You can paint or stain your DIY Paint Stick Lampshade any color you want to compliment your space! If you want to see how to make it then follow the tutorial in the link down below!
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”b9xSoDNm” upload-date=”2018-05-16T16:12:01.000Z” name=”DIY Paint Stick Lampshade” description=”I’ve seen some pretty cool ideas using paint stir sticks before but this DIY paint stick lampshade is amazing! It’s the perfect afternoon project to add a unique feature to your space.”]
- paint stir sticks (find a nice employee at the paint counter and ask for them)
- miter saw
- paint or stain
- paint brush
- hot glue or industrial strength liquid glue
- an old lampshade
- If the lampshade is shorter than the paint stir sticks, use the miter saw to trim them down to the desired size.
- Paint or stain the stir sticks. I decided to only paint about half of the ones in the video to achieve a dipped look.
- Once they have dried, glue them around the lampshade. Don’t leave any gaps between them.
- Put the lampshade back on the lamp and enjoy your DIY Paint Stick Lampshade!