I love revamps. They give new life to an old or boring item and make it look great for years to come. One of my weaknesses is comfortable yet stylish shoes. I don’t know how people walk around in 6″ heels and say they wear them all day because they’re cute. I would much rather be comfortable than stylish, but why can’t I have both? I love simple sneakers and I have several pairs. I was thinking of ways I could take them to another level and make them more stylish, then it came to me! I’ll accent them with some cute fabric! This DIY Sneaker Revamp – Teen Craft Idea was so easy to make. If you love DIY teen fashion or fun teen crafts this is the one for you.
- Stylish Fabric
- Mod Podge
- [adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”7baBLGTh” upload-date=”2018-05-18T18:17:53.000Z” name=”Fabric Accent Sneakers” description=” I’m so excited to show you all at home how I did it. I think you are going to adore these DIY Fabric Accent Sneakers! This is a great way to give new life to an otherwise boring pair of old sneakers.”]
- Remove the laces from your shoes and pull the tongues out. Measure them with a ruler and cut two pieces of your fabric to roughly the same size. make sure they’re longer so you can fold the edges to the back.
- Now apply a thick coat of Mod Podge to the top of your shoe tongue. Lay the fabric on and smooth out any bubbles.
- Apply more Mod Podge onto the back sides of the tongue and fold in the access fabric. I added another layer over the fabric to make sure it was nice and secure.
- Once they’re completely dry re-lace them and rock your new DIY shoes!
I love how these turned out. My favorite thing about this teen project is the fact that you can use any kind of fabric you want to match your personal style. You could even make several pairs of these with different colors and patterns to match your favorite outfits. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial!