This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CraftAmazing #CollectiveBias
Hey everyone! Today on the blog I’m creating DIY Wood Plaques for gift ideas this holiday season! I’m always thinking of creative gift ideas that I can create to give meaning to the gift. I headed over to Walmart to gather supplies for these projects and picked up my favorite Scotch® Expressions Tapes to give added flare to these projects. I love how simple these tapes are create with.
Supplies : Scotch® Expressions Tapes | Scotch® Chalkboard Tape | Wood Plaque | Americana Multi-Surface | Photos | Thumbtacks | Foam Brush
1. Paint your wood plaque with Americana Multi-Surface Costal Waters.
2. Arrange your photos on your painted wood plaque. Be sure to let the paint dry before arranging photos.
3. Apply Thumbtacks on the edges of your photos to support your photos on the wood. This is a lot cleaner and easier than using decoupage or any type of glue.
4. Take your Scotch® Expressions tapes and add a pop of color! I love this look.
Now let’s create another wood plaque! This is going to be another fun one that would also make a great gift or item to use in your home decor.
1. Paint your wood plaque with Grey Sky from Americana Acrylics.
2. Lay your Scotch® Chalkboard Tape out onto the wood plaque. You’re going to want to overlap your tape to create a sheet.
3. Now take your Scotch® Create Utility Knife and create the perfect square to go on your wood plaque.
4. Take more Scotch® Expressions Tapes and create a fun geometric pattern around the edges. Have fun with it! I used a blue and went around the edges of the chalkboard to give a frame feel.
Be sure to check out more amazing craft ideas with Scotch® Brand products. How do you envision these products helping you with your craft ideas?