Father’s Day is in June, but there’s no reason not to start looking for gift ideas early. They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach and that’s very true with dads. Who wouldn’t want a fun homemade Cricut Father’s Day Cake Topper? I love baking so naturally, I wanted to whip up a cake. As far as the toppers go, I got them from Makers Gonna Learn. It’s an exclusive die cutting website full of wonderful project inspiration and cut files. I used my Cricut Maker to create them and I think it turned out great.
- Cricut Maker
- Yellow Vinyl
- Blue Cardstock
- Weeding Tool Set
- Transfer Paper
- Boxed Cake Mix
- Cake Plate
- Lollipop Sticks
- Offset Spatula
- Scotch Tape
- Mix and bake your cake according to the package directions unless you have a favorite recipe.
- While your cake is baking get crafty. Size and cut your cardstock to be the base of your ties. Then use yellow vinyl to cut the details of the ties.
- Weed your tie details and add transfer paper to easily apply them to your cardstock tie bases. Carefully remove the transfer paper.
- Use simple scotch tape to tape the lollipop sticks onto the back of your ties.
- Once your cake is out of the oven and cooled place it on your cake plate and with your frosting and an offset spatula ice your cake.
- Now, stick your ties into the cake and surprise your dad!
I love how this cake turned out. Your dad will too! This is one of the great projects that you can have so much fun making. Not only will your dad enjoy it but you and your whole family will too! Everyone needs a slice of cake.