I know sometimes it’s hard to make snacks for the kiddos after school every day. They always get home at that awkward time where dinner is still a few hours away, so they need some snacks to get them through! Today I want to show you two Easy After School Snack Recipes your kids can make themselves! They’re so creative and fun. The kids will have so much fun making these snack ideas. Not to mention them being able to make it for themselves takes some pressure off of you every afternoon! These snack ideas are centered around yummy fruits so you can feel good about your kids eating healthier alternatives to what they may otherwise grab after school. I hope you enjoy these after-school snacks!
- Wheat Tortilla
- Hazelnut Spread
- chocolate Drizzle (Optional)
How To Make It:
- Lay your tortilla out and spread a thin layer of hazelnut spread all over the tortilla.
- Peel your banana and lay it on the edge of the tortilla. Roll up the banana around the tortilla.
- Use a sharp knife (this is where the parent comes in?) to slice your banana roll like sushi!
- Arrange the “sushi” on a plate and drizzle chocolate sauce over the whole thing for some extra chocolatey fun!
Apple Slice Cookies
- Red and Green Apples
- Peanut Butter
- Toppings of Your Choice (we used mini chocolate chips, shredded coconut, and sliced almonds)
How To Make It:
- Use a sharp knife to slice the apples, or have a parent do that part!
- Spread peanut butter onto your apple slices, and pile on the toppings!
I love these after-school snack ideas! They’re so fun and kids can get creative when making them. I may have slipped a few bites of my own because they’re delicious for “kids” of all ages too. I hope you enjoyed learning how your kids can make their own snacks after school.