Hey Everyone! I am so excited to share a few super fun tutorials from my DIY Wedding! I got married on September 28th and almost the entire wedding was DIY. From the flowers to the cake and even most of the decorations. I loved the experience of making tons of things for my own wedding. Plus, making everything yourself ensures you get exactly what you want. Today I am going to share with you all How To Make Wedding Cupcakes.
We made one hundred cupcakes and a three-tiered cake for my wedding. We made the cakes a day ahead and I iced them all myself the day of, and some wonderful family members helped me decorate them. Everything we used to make these cupcakes beautiful we got from Michaels. They have a huge selection of baking tools and cupcake decorations.
We made simple cakes and cupcakes from boxed cake mixes, with a few of our family’s own secret ingredients. Don’t feel like your cakes and cupcakes have to be homemade. Boxed cake mixes are easy to make and are always a crowd pleaser. Keep reading to find out exactly what we got from Michaels and how their products made these cupcakes unbeatable.
- Boxed White Cake Mix
- Large Laser-Cut Heart Cupcake Wrappers By Celebrate It®
- Pink Rose Treat Toppers By Celebrate It®
- Light Brown Standard Baking Cups
- Wilton®Open Star 1M Decorating Tip
- Wilton® Sprinkles™ Sugar Pearls in Pink and White
- Wilton® Disposable Decorating Bags
- Your Favorite Royal Icing Recipe, or Wilton® Royal Icing in White
- Wilton® 9″ Angled Spatula
- Bake your cupcakes as directed on the cake mix box.
- Once your cupcakes come out of the oven remove them from the cupcake tin and allow them all to cool completely.
- While you’re waiting on the cupcakes to cool, whip up your favorite icing recipe, or use Wilton® Royal Icing to save time! Get your piping bags.
- Cut a slit in the bottom of one of your piping bags. Insert the 1M decorating tip then fill with your royal icing.
- Now assemble your cupcake wrappers. It helps to have a friend to help this go quicker!
- Once the cakes have cooled, ice them. I found it easier to ice them before dropping them into the prepared cupcake wrappers.
- When all your cupcakes have been iced, then the fun begins. Use your sugar pearls and rose treat toppers to finish off your cupcakes.
The cupcakes turned out so well and were so easy to make! The cake was a cinch, too. We simply baked the cake in three different sized round baking pans and iced it with our homemade icing. You could also use Wilton® Royal Icing to save time without sacrificing great flavor! We kept the decorating simple and elegant by adding some fresh roses and babies breath.
I would like to thank my friends and family as well as Michaels for making my wedding a dream come true. I would also like to give my amazing photographer Jyn Armstrong of Jyn Allen Photography a shout out. She did an amazing job capturing one of the happiest days of my life.
I’m so glad I chose to make my own wedding cake and cupcakes. It saved me money and allowed me to feel super involved in my wedding. If you’re getting married soon and are looking for some DIY Wedding Ideas, this is the perfect one! I’ll be sharing some more fun DIY Wedding Projects with you all, so stay tuned.